With the growing appeal of themed weddings, nothing is too extravagant for modern couples looking to make their special day perfect. The promise of adventure, beauty, and luxury draws many to the numerous islands of the Carribean as well as various locales on the mainland. Belize destination weddings cater to the romance of the occasion and fulfill guests’ wildest expectations.
A Romantic Wedding in the Caribbean
Belize offers a wealth of possible venues for getting married. The breathtaking scenery and pleasant weather of the Carribean make it ideal for outdoor weddings.
- Beach – Making your vows in front of a backdrop of white sands and calm aqua water is a picturesque dream wedding for many.
- Jungle – Tropical rainforest valleys make natural and scenic plateaus for wedding ceremonies. Camera shots are divine whether next to a lagoon or backdropped against lush vegetation.
- Mayan ruins – Ancient temples can highlight any wedding. An elopement or a private affair with select guests is romanticized by historical ruins.
- Local church – If you want to get married in a climate-controlled setting, you can pick a traditional scene or combine it with an outdoor activity.
- Waterfall – Weddings set in front of falling water can be particularly intimate and especially photogenic.
- Boat – Lucky couples may be able to marry just off a barrier reef.
- Botanical garden – Exotic plants and flowers provide beautiful contrasts to the colors of wedding parties. You may even glimpse local bird and butterfly species.
Making Your Marriage in Belize Legal
Belize destination weddings are official and legal around the world. You must provide proof that you have been in Belize for three days before you may get married unless you apply for an expedited license. In these cases, you can obtain a marriage license within the day of your arrival. Belize requires the couple’s passports stamped with their arrival date, a photocopy of their passport photos, and all pertinent documents such as divorce certificates. All wedding ceremonies must have two witnesses present.
Scenic Adventures for Your Wedding Party
The natural landscape of the island and mainland offers plenty of opportunities for wedding guests to find adventure. HolChan Marine reserve is only four miles from San Pedro. It is five square miles in diameter and features guided snorkeling among different species of fish and coral. Experience close encounters with rays and nurse sharks in Shark Ray Alley. The tour might end with a sighting of manatee in Swallow Caye or additional snorkeling in Coral Gardens. Private tours offer opportunities for spearfishing.
Memorable Outings to the Mainland
Belize is sought out as an ideal vacation venue for Bomba Village and its wood carvings, the famous Lamanai Mayan ruins, and the Northern River boat ride through the jungle. Wildlife enthusiasts might spot crocodiles and howler monkeys along the way. For those who like to hike, the inner chamber of Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave can only be reached by a long trek with climbing over slippery rocks and wading or swimming across shallow creeks.
Destination weddings enjoy ever-growing popularity as couples seek to include families and friends on their momentous occasion. Its changeable landscape makes Belize a mecca for unique wedding ceremonies and appealing guest outings.
To know more about destination wedding, visit the website.